Love like That

Love Like That





I know love and I know you know love,
And the love that I know, I know through you,
And the love that I know, I know from you,
And the love that I know, I know because you
Know love
In a way that I can only aspire toward.

I know grace and I know you know grace,
And the grace that I know, I know through you,
And the grace that I know, I know from you,
And the grace that I know, I know because you
Know Grace
In a way that I can only aspire toward.

And you love love and the love that you love
Through despair, as if it’s a shared despair
Only for the overcoming.

And you share grace and the grace that you share
Through trials, as if it’s a shared trial
Only for the acquitting. 

Through quibbles and quarrels,
Through riches and ruin,
Through cancers and remissions,
     Sunrises, sunsets, and all the days between,
Through humanity’s means,
Through life’s ends:
Shared. 

I know God and I know you know God
And the God that I know, I know through you,
And the God that I know, I know from you,
And the God that I know, I know because you
Know God
In a way that I can only aspire toward.

Comments

Popular Posts