Mixing Metaphors and/or The Best Worst Love Poem Ever

Mixing Metaphors and/or
The Best Worst Love Poem Ever




Like a salmon upstream,
I want to be your Donkey Kong.

Like a white-faced mime,
I want to be your Lamborghini.

Like a Big Ten quarterback,
I want to be your home run.

Like a nineties video game,
I want to be your beluga caviar.


Like a Spaghetti-Western movie star,
I want to be your Hope Diamond.

Like a Whitney Houston song,
I want to be your margarita.

Like a sparkling, priceless jewel,
I want to be your John Wayne.

Like a piece of classic literature,
I want to always love you.

I want to be Gram to your Grampa.
I want to be Abbott to your Costello.
I want to be Nancy to your Ron.
I want to be you to your me.

I want to be tomorrow to your today.
I want to be today to our yesterday.

I want to be half of what you are to me.
I want to be twice what I am to you:
Buddy to your Pal.

I want to be your everything.
I love you with my everything.



Comments

Popular Posts